Re: Operating Budget

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Operating Budget
From: "Myles Winbigler" <mwinbigler@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:36:40 -0800
There's another option to discussing the budget: put her in the seat, that's
the mistake I made.

When I started back into this ridiculous hobby in 1994 after a 22 year
layoff, I slyly thought I could ease the "concerns" about money by sending
Madam to driving school and letting her run a race or two after which she'd
say, "Well, that was fun, but it's not my thing; so go ahead and do your
thing".  This plan went awry when I couldn't pry her out of the seat of the
chassis I'd raced previously from 1962 to 72.

So, I bought her a Vee and she's happy as a clam.  Unfortunately I do have
admit that she's only DNF'd once in 5 years (loose flywheel), while I have a
stellar record or breaking engines, transmissions and rear ends.  So most of
the expense is mine.

We don't have the discussions because she's as involved as I am (except for
the wrenching part).

Another Myles
Mad Mollusk Racing