Re: Lecture from Uncle Don

To: John Rosevear <jrosevear@thinkinginvestments.com>
Subject: Re: Lecture from Uncle Don
From: Mike Rosen <mikerosen@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:06:01 -0500
John Rosevear wrote:

> <thickheaded nationalistic rant>
>
> Yeah, Canadians are "Americans" until they're somewhere in Europe or the
> Middle East and trouble starts brewing... then all of a sudden they're
> "Canadians, NOT Americans" to anyone who will listen.  Hmph.
>
> </thickheaded nationalistic rant>

John:
My car ( the VAY Special) was owned and raced by a guy named Lew McKenzie.
I'm holding the punch line down here to avoid embarassment.
Lew or General Lew as we know him up here was the head guy of all the
peacekeeping forces in Bosnia/Croatia/Yugoslavia/Blakans sent by the
UN...all Canadians - No Americans - this was all through the 90s - I can
say this as an American living in Canada...dropping bombs is a lot easier
than being on the ground for all the years the US ignored the Balkans and
many other places around the world that Canadians have been sent in as
peacekeepers - that's a tougher job than flying over it....they're still in
Kosovar as peacekeepers and...we pay our UN dues.

Mike (I live here for a reason) Rosen