Re: Fiat 124 vs MGB

To: peterv@tri-county.main.nc.us, pkrause@attglobal.net,
Subject: Re: Fiat 124 vs MGB
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:30:03 EST
The curiosity about how MGB edged out Fiat in the consumer and racing markets
is propelled by their similarity in price.  Porsche is in another class and
thus not comparable.  Alfa might have come close to this criterion but it was
never a mass production car like the 124 Spyder or MGB.  I think the MGB won
the hearts and minds of buyers and racers thanks to better PR and factory
gofast parts.  I still say the 124 Fiat is the better car...but I raced an
MGB because parts were easier to get and MG had a more established racing
image.
The Easley Vintage Grand Prix
IRP, October 6-7, 2001
Proceeds to the American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative communications
765.886.5098
No City in the history of racing has ever hosted the four greatest events of
their kind,
as we do here with the Indianapolis 500, the US Grand Prix, the Brickyard 400
and the NHRA US Nationals.