Re: Engine Trivia

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Trivia
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:23:52 EDT
Bill:

Hmmmm....interesting question....

The Lotus Twin Cam had racing objectives from the very start, although its
use in street cars and racing occurred at virtually the same time.

Another one I'm not sure about is the Ferrari 6 cyl. Dino engine.  I believe
that was first used in racing cars prior to the 206GT Dino.

The other development that was similar was the development of the Renault
Turbo V6.  It was first used in Endurance racing, and then in Formula 1.
Variants of that engine found their way into street cars, but not exactly the
same engine.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (street AND race) Cortina Mk1 #128