Re: Fw: Engine Trivia

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Engine Trivia
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:49:03 -0500
> Tony,
>
> Do you have Wally's autobiography, "Climax in Coventry"? Some rather
> interesting tests on the dyno considering it was just a "utility" motor.
>
> Roger

No, darn it.  I DO have Nye's book, "Powered by Jaguar" which details the
design and development of the XK engine series.  Lyons elected Bill Heynes
Chief Engineer and Walt Hassan was in control of  test and development of
the prototype engines.  I guess all the time he spent developing the XK
engines he was just thinking what an 'elluva PUMP MOTOR it would make!  (-:

Tony_______________________@Sherman.Texas