Re: Monterey Historics

To: Dick <awaite@smtp-2.mdc.net>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:46:56 PDT
[from Dick]
>I've never had the opportunuity to attend the Monterey events, only seen
>them on
>TV. The TV shots never show much of a crowd watching. Does anyone have any
>idea how many folks attend the races?

It certainly varies based on the popularity of the featured marque.

The Historics hold the all time attendance record for a Laguna event
(not counting the Pope's visit!) I believe.  When Porsche was the
featured marque, they closed down entry with some 50,000 spectators..

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list