Re: Monterey Historics

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: Brian Mertz <bmertz@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:37:32 -0700
If the featured marque concept goes down the drain with Steve Earle's
stewardship, there goes my dream of Alfa becoming the featured marque for its
U.S. reintroduction in 2005.
There's not much hope that the Austin-Healey nameplate will be revived in my
lifetime, either.  But perhaps a new sanctioning body will be more open to cars
of the hoi polloi...

Brian Mertz
63 AR Giulia Spider
57 A-H 100/6

MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/19/2001 2:25:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> wsthompson@thicko.com writes:
>
> << Hey, I heard the featured marque was Lotus Cortina...
>
>  (Just kiddin' Myles)
>   >>

> Everybody likes toyin' with me!!....you had me all excited there for a
> nanosecond!
>
> Maybe, since the Historics are such a commercial venture now, they'll hold an
> auction on eBay to see who ponies up enough bucks to win the recognition??
>
> Rumor has it that its Chevrolet and/or Corvette (50th Anniversary of
> Corvette)???
>
> Who or what marque hasn't been honored to date (or recently) that has the
> money to spend??
>
> Everyone expects Ferrari again in 2004 ('84, '94, '04?)  The national club is
> already planning on it, as the National Meet is here in Northern CA then.
>
> Regards,
> Myles H. Kitchen
> 1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128
>
> ///