Re: Monterey Historics

To: <MHKitchen@aol.com>, <wsthompson@thicko.com>,
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:36:54 -0700
Miles,
Geez, what an idea!! Steve can go up on E-Bay and auction off the entries
for the Wine Country, Historics AND Coronado!! He will probably make so much
money that he will send you an invitation at only 50% the (inflated) price,
just for suggesting it!!

I guess that's just one of the reasons why the IRL and CART guys split a few
years ago, huh!

When Mazda sanctions CSRG to run the Historics I just might run...... But
until then..........
    Carl
        CSRG #247 series 1 Sunbeam Alpine
                            Lotus 61 formula Ford

> << Hey, I heard the featured marque was Lotus Cortina...
>
>  (Just kiddin' Myles)
>   >>

> Everybody likes toyin' with me!!....you had me all excited there for a
> nanosecond!
>
> Maybe, since the Historics are such a commercial venture now, they'll hold
an
> auction on eBay to see who ponies up enough bucks to win the recognition??
>
> Rumor has it that its Chevrolet and/or Corvette (50th Anniversary of
> Corvette)???
>
> Who or what marque hasn't been honored to date (or recently) that has the
> money to spend??
>
> Everyone expects Ferrari again in 2004 ('84, '94, '04?)  The national club
is
> already planning on it, as the National Meet is here in Northern CA then.
>
> Regards,
> Myles H. Kitchen
> 1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128

///