helmet & sunglasses?

To: marcsayer@home.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: helmet & sunglasses?
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:43:11 EST
I was reading the thread today and thinking...sunglasses?  I have a bell
helmet and a  tinted face shield I have used for  years........I had been
running a vintage sprite (open top car) and   have run a SCCA ITA RX7 (closed
car) for the last 2 seasons and to me the tinted face shield is the only way
to go.....so far I have never found it a problem.... even in a tintop in the
pouring rain..............i wont be going back to a clear lense anytime
soon.... in the open car I use duct tape  at the top of the face shield to
create a sunvisor effect ........I do not look foward to the day (likely
sooner than  later) when I need to wear corrrective glasses while racing
though....chuck