Re: a snug helmet?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a snug helmet?
From: Tony Drews <drewst03@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 21:56:39 -0600
I just bought a cheapo G-force GF-950 full face SA-2000 helmet and a tinted
shield
(it came with clear).  On sunny days, I love the tinted face shield!  The
G-force
has great airflow through the helmet, much better than the Bell I had been
using.  I
got contact lenses to eliminate the glasses problem (now that soft contacts can
cure
significant astigmatism), and the tinted face shield totally frees me from
needing
the sunglasses too.  One nice thing about the G-force - it's available in black.
With the tinted visor it gives a "darth vader" kind of look.  I'm much more
pleased
with this helmet than I thought I would be.  Positives are the air flow and it
comes
with a breath deflector.  Negatives are the fact that changing the shield is
not as
convenient as some helmets are (you have to take a couple of screws out and put
them
back, still no big deal...) and the end of the chin strap seems cheaply finished
(the Bell has a rounded end, the G-force is square like it was just cut off with
scissors).  I've not tried it in the rain, the airflow might suck water through
it.
It certainly keeps the visor clear in cold weather, though.

- Tony Drews