Re: a snug helmet?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a snug helmet?
From: Marc Sayer <marcsayer@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:00:36 -0800
Yep, me too. I have a Simpson Voyager Sidewinder and at the HSRWest event at
Willow Springs a few weeks back I went out at lunch to do some testing on a car
I had been working on (Jim MacAdory's 2.5 Trans Am 510) and as I tried to shove
my sun glasses over my ears the frame cracked and a lens fell out in my hand.
And I wasn't even wearing a balaclava. My Simpson helmet fits nice and tight,
just like they say it should, and it's an older model (old enough I'll have to
replace it this year in fact) so it is fully "broken in". I like the helmet
design but I have wondered about fit on my next helmet. I want full face and
since I'll be driving a closed sedan (if I ever get my own damn car done that
is:-) I'd like a forced air type helmet, but I really need sunglasses or
something. I would welcome any comments and/or suggestions. Has anyone tried the
tinted face shields instead of sunglasses?

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT