Re: Choice of wheels

To: brian@uunet.ca, mgvrmark@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Choice of wheels
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:59:02 EST
In a message dated 11/29/01 11:44:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, brian@uunet.ca
writes:

> What are the warning
> signs that a scrutineer type might look for when examining wire
> wheels?  Where do the cracks first occur on the steel disc wheels?

Just a reminder here. YOU are they only scrutineer that is really likely to
see these signs. Tech inspecters rarely have time to do more than make sure
you have 4 wheels, let alone check every spoke for signs of fatigue. It is
true that my guys HAVE found things like this. I am frequently amaized by the
potential problems that Bob Williams and his crew catch do catch. However,
the only tech inspection that really counts is the one you do in your garage
before each race.

Now I'll let someone else tell you what the signs are.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA