Re: Carillo failures?

To: Billd13@aol.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carillo failures?
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:19:56 +0000
Bill,

Good example and reminds me of another point -- the stresses are
proportional to the RPM squared.  That means 6300 RPM puts nearly 60% more
stress on the rod, and rod bolts, than 5000 RPM.

Good thing to keep in mind the next time anyone thinks about "just
over-revving a little bit" to make the pass at the end of the straight ...

Regards,
Mark Palmer