Pantera Trivia???

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Pantera Trivia???
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:05:35 EST
To the list...

I also recall the Warren Tope Pantera as one of the ONLY privateer Pantera
racers I can recall.   While I didn't follow him closely, I always LOVED
Pantera's and dreamed of owning one one day.  I "almost" bought several over
the years, but sanity always prevailed.  I'm not sure about this, but did
Tope ever even finish a race??  I was a HUGE Ford fan at the time, and was
quite embarassed by the Pantera's poor showing.

While, not a race car, I also do recall a Pantera show car that was done at
the end of the Ford/Pantera run (probably around '74 or so).  It was gold
metalflake with a different design on the rear window/boot treatment with
"bolsters" similar to a Maserati Bora.  Does anyone but me recall this
one-off show car, and does anyone know what happened to it?   I've seen only
one PR photo of it that I can recall and then...poof, its disappeared and has
never resurfaced since, to my knowledge??

Inquiring minds want to know, and its probably quite a unique and valuable
Pantera.  Who knows, it could still be in Ford's hands?

As an aside, a good friend of mine was the Ford coordinator of the Pantera
program.  He's never actually owned a Pantera himself..  He lives in
Hollywood now, and was President of Clarion (the auto sound people) for a
while.  His favorite car....the Audi Quattro....

Pantera lovers, speak up!!

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128