Re: Pantera Trivia???

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pantera Trivia???
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:32:34 -0500
Myles Kitchen asked:

>While, not a race car, I also do recall a Pantera show car that was done at
>the end of the Ford/Pantera run (probably around '74 or so).  It was gold
>metalflake with a different design on the rear window/boot treatment with
>"bolsters" similar to a Maserati Bora.  Does anyone but me recall this
>one-off show car, and does anyone know what happened to it?   I've seen
>only
>one PR photo of it that I can recall and then...poof, its disappeared and
>has
>never resurfaced since, to my knowledge??

I'm not sure if this is the car you are speaking of, but there was a design
study
in 1973 for a V6 Pantera.  This has cut-down buttresses like the
Ford-powered
Europas.  You can see a picture (and other DeTomaso prototypes) of it at my
web
site (and lots of other Pantera stuff) at
http://pantera.hottr6.com/gallery.html

Shane Ingate in Maryland