Re: Question about HSR

To: Pat Ryan <pat@prismacars.com>, "'Hugh Barber'"
Subject: Re: Question about HSR
From: Doug Meis <s800racer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:11:39 -0500
on 3/13/03 10:50 AM, Pat Ryan at pat@prismacars.com wrote:

Pat Ryan Wrote:

> They were apparently classed in 3H by HSR in order to run with similar
> bodied cars (on bias ply tires), but showed up with and wanted to run
> slicks as allowed by 3A (Can-Am or ASR cars).  Jack's was not an
> unreasonable demand, especially if for safety reasons he did not want
> the XKE out with the incredibly faster, more modern cars that run with
> the Can-Am group.  If he did otherwise, everyone in 3H would want slicks
> too.

    Finally someone has put their finger on the real issue in that
situation.  Jack Lewis had 3 choices:  1) let him run in a treaded tire
production group with slicks -- unacceptable  2) let him run a production
car on slicks in a Group with IMSA and Group C cars -- unacceptable and 3)
let him run his A/SR Jagrolet in a production group on treaded tires even
though it does not fit any class within that group -- still not great but
Jack was willing to compromise.
    Whether it could have been done with a softer touch (according to the
entrant) I can't fault the choices given to the competitor.

 --
Doug Meis <s800racer@earthlink.net>