Re: [Fwd: 1967 Triumph GT6]

To: rgk@flash.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: 1967 Triumph GT6]
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:27:27 EST
In a message dated 3/22/03 10:39:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, rgk@flash.net
writes:

> How does one go about getting  FIA recognition forms?  For that matter, how
> does one get SCCA Recognition Forms for Sedan cars?

FIA forms are normally available from the National Headquarters. For the USA
that is ACCUS. In the UK I think it is RAC. However I find it rather unusual
that anyone in the USA would actually require you to do that now. SCCA sedans
ran under FIA appendix J, Group 2 until the early 70's. You were required to
have the FIA papers in your possession.

If you are just worrying about the Weber carbs; under SCCA Production
Category regulations you could not use them unless listed in PCS. Under FIA
Group 2 and higher, induction was free so ANY car could use the Webers.

jw

Someone on this list can tell you more than I can about finding a set for
your GT6.

jw