FW: [Fwd: 1967 Triumph GT6]

To: "Vintage-Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [Fwd: 1967 Triumph GT6]
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:59:31 -0800
Regarding Weber carbs on a GT6, the main problem is not in finding the
carbs, but in finding the correct manifold. TR6 manifolds will fit the
cylinder head, but will position the carbs so that you cannot close the
bonnet.  The correct GT6 manifold is a three piece affair; the front piece
locates the front DCOE lower than the rear two so that the bonnet can close.
These manifolds are somewhat rare, as I do not believe that they are still
being produced.  You might want to check TR parts houses in the UK.
Stateside, you might want to contact Ted at TS Imported Auto or Scott Harber
at Team Triumph.  You also might want to post an inquiry on the triumphs
list.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
1973 Triumph TR6 (current)