Re: 1275s in Bugeyes

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275s in Bugeyes
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:58:12 -0500
The GT 40 comment is likely correct, but my GT 40 P 1005 that I am
currently restoring will have the correct and original block and heads,
not because they are better, but simply to make the vehicle historically
correct and in the same configuration as when it qualified 5th at Leman
in 1965. The next owner can "upgrade" to his hearts content.

Upgrades in vintage cars are just like upgrades in SCCA production
classes, or worse yet, GT classes.

Cost a lot of money and present an endless cycle.  Bigger engine
requires bigger brakes.  Bigger brakes require bigger spindles,  Bigger
spindles require stronger a arms, you get the idea.

There is no easy answer in SCCA, but in vintage the answer seems clear
to me.  Build the car to the correct, period configuration.  If it ain't
fast enough to raise the hair on the back of your head, get a faster car.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of my vintage friends at the N.W.
Pacific Historics at the new Pacific Raceways in Seattle July 4th weekend.

Cheers,

Larry Dent, Chief Steward, Historics