Re: Emails

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emails
From: Gene Gillam <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:16:35 -0400
Brian asks:
>We are getting dozens of email per day from the forum that had been infected
with that new virus. Are we alone in this?<

Definitely not alone - I deleted/caught over 90 yesterday on home email as well
as 20 or so at work.  I guess you already know that the address in the "From"
line is not the real address that the virus carrying email came from but is
being "spoofed" by the virus - so although you may be receiving dozens of
emails from the vintage race group members, the emails could be generated from
one infected machine.  The only way to ensure you aren't the one doing it is to
look for a program called "winssk32.exe" on your hard drive.  If you find it,
you're infected, and you need to take steps to get rid of it.

Good luck,
Gene