Re: Relicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds

To: "Larry Dent" <lwdent@fwi.com>, "Derek" <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Relicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds
From: "Bryan Appleby" <bapplebysprint@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:07:17 -0600
> I missed the start of this thread, but since I am the Executive Director
> of one of the larger automotive museums in the country let me chime in
> with a simple definition of replica vs original, vs continuation.
>
> A replica is any car that started life as the imitation of a real
> vehicle that was produced at some time and place in history.  A good
> example is the ERA replica of the GT 40. It does not matter how good it
> is, it is a replica.

Sooo, can someone tell me what the new FORD GT is?  Obviously, not a
continuation, but it does match the definition of a Replica, as defined
earlier.  So, in 30 years it will be raced as a Vintage Race Car, right?
Manufactured by the same manufacturer, same pedigree, inspired by, what,
marketing?  Cool Car, would want one for myself.

bryan