Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds
From: "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:24:44 -0500
Due to a long standing tradition, CVAR allows Caterhams 7's to race in Group
7 with the CP and DP cars. Way back when the founders of CVAR needed more
registrants and the participation of the Caterham crowd helped keep CVAR
viable for the rest of us. It would be wrong for the organization to kick
them out now. They have tightened up the rules over the years, and they now
have to be built to a vintage spec, specifically written for their use. They
look the part. I race in that group and my number one goal each race is not
to be lapped by the faster 7's. I can hold out for 15 minutes, but not the
20 minute features.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com