Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds

To: <Tombread@aol.com>, <shiples@comcast.net>, <anngene@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:40:49 -0800
on 9/4/03 5:55 PM, Tombread@aol.com at Tombread@aol.com wrote:

> Why is this any different than a Rodin copy being passed off as a one-off
> Real Thing?  Or an XK-SS rebodied as a D-Type.

Funniest thing, when I showed my 1957 Lotus Eleven (which reeks of
provenance, despite being a high schooler's junkyard find) at Amelia Island
in 2000, there was an XK-SS that was admittedly rebodied as a D-Type -- and
it had been done fairly recently!  I thought this was the most curious lack
of common sense that I had ever witnessed.

Brett Johnson