Re: Safety Braker

To: zero260@comcast.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Braker
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:13:02 EDT
In a message dated 09/09/2005 10:11:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
zero260@comcast.net writes:

If I am  not mistaken that is a kind of parking brake. Step on the brakes and
then  pull the knob which keeps the brake fluid from returning. Locks the
brakes  on. I have found them on a couple of old race cars that have passed
through  my hands.....

Jerry, you are thinking of 'line lock', more common in drag cars on the
front brakes to let them do nice burnouts, but also used in road racers to
replace regular hand brakes, removed to get weight out of the cars.

Bill