zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] ignition update <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.au

To: zmagnette@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] ignition update <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: Fletcher Millmore <gofanu@cust.usachoice.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:35:37 -0400
--===============1724752288==
 boundary="------------050907050405050609060906"

--------------050907050405050609060906

If changing the coil "fixed it" but it then got worse, it likely had
nothing to do with the coil.  And the old coil was providing spark - a
coil cannot tell which cylinder is firing, so should usually be the same
on all holes.
It is possible that a "better coil" would hide and/or exacerbate some
other deficiency, like low voltage to the coil, or faults in the HT side.

Check the internal earth lead from the points plate to the distributor
body - they break with age, and cause just this sort of behavior. The
break will be (usually) at one end, but if not the super  fine braid
wire will pull out of the braided silk insulation. It is not rare that
these have been replaced by inappropriate stiff wire, which fails quickly.

If that is not it, call back with an updated sequential and complete
listing of exactly what has been done/changed and results.

FRM
On 10/30/2013 7:11 PM, jtdbrough2@netzero.com wrote:

> I guess the car just didn't want to go to a show. Dennis replaced the
> coil and it seemed to work fine. The next morning however it started
> backfiring A LOT and in juice as it wouldn't go above 40 and then it
> would go at speed. possibly wobbly wheel then started up as well.
> Fiddling with the distributer seemed to help some of the back firing
> issue but it kept happening. so the car stayed home (started working
> just fine when we got to within a mile of the house or so go
> figure-more than a mile away not so much whether coming or going) and
> we went.
> Buckey suggested checking the dashpots which Dennis hadn't thought to
> do. Anyone else have any suggestions? I left to go look at cars so
> othter than dashpots I didn;t get the impression that there were
> anyother suggestions.
> Joyce

> *30-second trick for a flat belly*
> This daily 30-second trick BOOSTS your body's #1 fat-burning hormone
> <http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5271927060ff812701223st01duc>TheFatBurningHormone.com
>
> <http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5271927060ff812701223st01duc>

--------------050907050405050609060906

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    If changing the coil "fixed it" but it then got worse, it likely had
    nothing to do with the coil.&nbsp; And the old coil was providing spark -
    a coil cannot tell which cylinder is firing, so should usually be
    the same on all holes.<br>
    It is possible that a "better coil" would hide and/or exacerbate
    some other deficiency, like low voltage to the coil, or faults in
    the HT side.<br>
    Check the internal earth lead from the points plate to the
    distributor body - they break with age, and cause just this sort of
    behavior. The break will be (usually) at one end, but if not the
    super&nbsp; fine braid wire will pull out of the braided silk insulation.
    It is not rare that these have been replaced by inappropriate stiff
    wire, which fails quickly.<br>
    If that is not it, call back with an updated sequential and complete
    listing of exactly what has been done/changed and results.<br>
    FRM<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:jtdbrough2@netzero.com";>jtdbrough2@netzero.com</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:20131030.161138.17767.0@webmail10.dca.untd.com"
      type="cite"><br>
              go to a show. Dennis replaced the coil and it seemed to
              work fine. The next morning however it started backfiring&nbsp;
              A LOT and in juice as it wouldn't go above 40 and then it
              would go at speed. possibly wobbly wheel then started up
              as well. Fiddling with the distributer seemed to help some
              of the back firing issue but it kept happening. so the car
              stayed home (started working just fine when we got to
              within a mile of the house or so go figure-more than a
              mile away not so much whether coming or going) and we
              went.</div>
              dashpots which Dennis hadn't thought to do. Anyone else
              have any suggestions? I left to go look at cars so othter
              than dashpots I didn;t get the impression that there were
              anyother suggestions. </div>
size="2">____________________________________________________________</font><br>
      <a moz-do-not-send="true" style="TEXT-DECORATION: none"
href="http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5271927060ff812701223st01duc";
        target="_blank"><font face="Arial"><font color="#004080"
            BOOSTS your body's #1 fat-burning hormone<br>
          size="2"><a moz-do-not-send="true" style="COLOR: #000000"
href="http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/5271927060ff812701223st01duc";
Zmagnette mailing list

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>