RE: Series V - V6

From: Jarrid Gross (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 1996 - 10:54:00 CDT

Chris Stephenson,

> What can you tell me about the Capri? Does anyone have a right side
> front fender for a Series V if I need it? I would like to get this
> road worthy as soon as possible and put the III in the shop for a LONG

> overdue complete restoration.

I used to have a Capri. Wonderfull machines with a great power to wieght
ratio. The engine weighs a little than the alpine unit, but will make more
torque. 105 BHP stock, but with tons of aftermarket goodies available, a
reasonably conservative engine can be built to produce about 170BHP with
just head mods, a good carb and a long duration camshaft. The 4 speed
manual transmisions are nice, but are rather wide ratio. I dont believe
your car will have the manual though as I hear there is not enough room for
it. More likely is the C4 3 speed automatic.

See Gary Schotlands writeup on the capri V6 mod at

www.team.net/www/rootes/sunbeam/

in the 59-68 alpines section for a complete well written writup on the
changover.

Jarrid Gross
Series II EFI