Re: series v quiz

From: DSand95510 (DSand95510(at)aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 18:54:23 CDT

In a message dated 98-04-13 18:01:55 EDT, elropo(at)worldnet.att.net writes:

>1) is there any way to adjust the hydraulic clutch on a series v?
> (the clutch master cylinder has been rebuilt & the slave cylinder is
>new). increasing slippage in gears 3 & 4 when i wind it out. any
>suggestions?

Oh-oh. Sounds like a worn clutch, unless you're leaking copious fluids onto
the clutch plate. Anything dripping out of the bellhousing?.................

>2) why do i seem to lose water, which in turn causes the engine to run
>hot, but i'm not detecting a leak anywhere? since i live in florida,
>should i pull my thermostat? the needle on the temp gauge seems to go
>about 3/4 over to the right side. looking forward to hearing from
>anyone.

Yikes! A bad clutch AND a blown head gasket?

A radiator pressure tester can quickly verify the integrity of the cooling
system and head gasket. Running without a thermostat is rarely a good idea.

Dick Sanders
Seattle