RE: P76 Crankshaft

To: "'dkern@napanet.net'" <dkern@napanet.net>
Subject: RE: P76 Crankshaft
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:19:54 +1300
The rod ratio is as you've correctly guessed, something like 1.7 and above
is desirable. The std. P76 motor has a stroke of 3.5" and a rod length of
6.25" this gives a ratio of 1.78. The higher the ratio number, the longer
the piston 'pauses' at TDC and BDC. This has benefits for the combustion
process, but I can't remember the details.

I guess I was thinking that if you put the P76 crank into the Rover block
you'll have to use shorter rods, unless you change the pistons. Has anyone
else out there done this?