Re: Which heads to use on my 266 CI engine?

To: Bill Zenkus <zenkus@techmail.gdc.com>
Subject: Re: Which heads to use on my 266 CI engine?
From: Jan Ben <ben@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:49:33 -0500
Bill Zenkus wrote:

> Hello all, it's been a while since I've been on the list,
> and worked on my project, but now with my daughter
> graduating college it's time to get back to some serious
> work on the "B".
It *has* been a while, Bill.  Good to hear from you.

> QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:
> Does anyone know if the BUICK 300 Heads will
> work with the 215 block bored just .030" over stock?

Wil has put 40k miles on such a combo.  Right, Wil? Wil! Wil?.

> My concern is that the valves on the 300 heads will not
> clear the deck of of the .030" over stock block.

Not a problem, but you prob. don't want to bore a GM block .030

> (Pistons will be dished slightly to yield a 10:1
>   compression with the 300 heads)
^^^

What combo is that?  I don't think you can get 10:1 w. 300 heads, stock
rods and flattops even..
Are you sure?

> Any comments and recommendations will be appreciated from this
> group of "experts" regarding use of the 300 heads vs the stock

:)   I am not one, but we do have experts here, not just "experts"..

Jan