Re: balancing carbs

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: balancing carbs
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 23:10:20 -0800
It can be a bit tricky,
        as you first have to get the mixtures the same, then balance the flow
rates.  Of course, one affects the other, and both change engine speed.
The hardest part I found was learning the car- how it responded to
having one carb lean, one rich, one fast, one slow.  Figure on a few
sessions, some trial runs, maybe some frustration, and getting some sort
of flowmeter.  I use a Unisyn, but it has its OWN quirks to get used
to.  Also, before you start, make sure your carbs are clean, in decent
shape, and check the fuel level.  Twice.
Good luck,
Toby