Re: new roadster owner

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, gbush@connect.ab.ca
Subject: Re: new roadster owner
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:49:44 -0700
Hi Grant,

Congrats on owning a Japanese Classic! I roll my eyes when others talk
about their Ford Galaxie "classics", etc. Maybe antique, but not classic.
Our roadsters are indeed, antique classics.

1) The controls on the left, are windshield-wiper, throttle-control, rheostat,
and light-switch. Below that, is the hood-release, and the cowl-ventilator. You
can get cowl-ventilator knobs from Rallye.

2) The S/Brake knob is used to test the status of the brake-safety-light to the
right of the steering wheel. That's all the S/Brake knob is for! The
brake-safety-light, will light up when there is a pressure differential between
the rear brake pressure and the front brake pressure. The 1969's have a
dual-master-brake cylinder, that feed separate front and rear pressure lines
into a block on the passenger side of the firewall. This block has a switch that
will indicate a loss of brake pressure in the front or rear.

3) When you say small circular lights, I hope you don't mean the tiny round
reflectors! They never light up by themselves, but just reflect other cars'
headlights. The larger round lights, two to each side, are for brake-lights as
well as running-lights (parking-lights). They should all light up when the
headlamps are on. Some earlier model years will only light one pair, and the
other pair are for brake lights.

4) By 'hood', do you mean the engine compartment hood, or do you mean the
convertible ragtop? I'll guess that you mean the ragtop! I have a picture of
that at http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/manual2.html
page 15 through 17.

Oh, about our CA meets. We're doing them between storms! Storms last week. On
Friday it was beautiful, so I drove to Nevada. Got snowed in Saturday. Sunday
was clear and they opened the mountain pass, so I drove back to SF. Here it is,
Monday, and we have another heavy storm. So we're yearning for summer, too!

Fred - So.SF, CA
BADROC