Re: new roadster owner

To: stickerman@home.com, gbush@connect.ab.ca
Subject: Re: new roadster owner
From: "Ben Zech" <motormite@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 06:16:34 PDT
Just wanted to drop a line and get into this conversation.
I am also a new inductee into the wonderful world of Datsun roadsters.(I
have always wanted one)
just purchased a 69 1600 SPL31121342. bought the car at a local salvage
yard. car was not running, had them take it to it's new home on a
rollback. drained the gas, antifreeze, filed the points, put a new
battery in and the car turned over after a few minutes of encouragement.
car seems to run strong, smokes a little, but i plan on rebuilding
anyway.
the best part of this story is that the original owner sold it to the
salvage yard, i was able to track him down and he gave be background
info on the last 30 years of his ownership. (I will go into this story
in greater detail later)So far I have taken the front end out completely
and ordered all new parts except for steering box. same thing for the
brakes front and rear. I am real fond of stopping. i need a new slave
cylinder (on order) to see if tranny is OK.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
I need a shop manual, do they exist?
Ben Zech
NC