Re: Re[2]: new roadster owner

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Subject: Re: Re[2]: new roadster owner
From: "John E. Stromgren" <jstromgr@sqi.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us wrote:

> John,
>
> I don't see this from looking at the wiring diagrams. According to it,
> +power from the fuse block goes into the brake-safety-light. The S/Brake
> knob supplies -ground, as does the pressure-block-switch, to light up the
> brake-safety-light. According to the wiring diagram, there is no path from
> the tail-lights to the brake-safety-light.
>
> Could it be that the wiring diagram is wrong? I'll check this later on my
> roadster.

> > I've also noticed that the brake lights are run through this circuit, so the
> > light fails when brake lights are out.
> >
> > -John

Fred:

I spoke of what I did not know.  Let me rephrase:  I noticed that when the fuse
to my brake lights was blown, the safety light also did not work.  When I
replaced the fuse, both worked.  I retract all implications about circuitry -
that was an assumption!

-John
John E. Stromgren
'70 2000 (#14061)