Re: Air Filters, etc....

To: "James D. Stephens III" <jstephens@rocketmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Air Filters, etc....
From: teddy@stat.cmu.edu (Teddy Seidenfeld)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:14:41 -0500
At 2:31 PM 4/15/99, James D. Stephens III wrote:
>Newbie questions:
>
>1. What brand of Air Filters do you all use in the SU 2000?
>2. Where do you buy them?
>
>3.  Anybody have a Fuel Filter preference?
>
>I'm struggling to find a replacement air filter here in
>the Savannah area.  K&N says they have one but didn't have
>a part number (hmmm, seems odd.)  Puralator (sp?) lists
>one by the number A40003 but it obviously won't fit on a
>oblong shaped housing as it's about 12 inches across the
>circle.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>James
>69 2000

Dear James,

I purchased a Nissan air filter (16546-25600) through my local parts
supplier for about $25.  He had no difficulty locating one.  I could not
find anything useful off-the-shelf at any of the chain stores.

For the fuel filter, I use an ordinary one: plastic w. a paper element (not
the original, which I think is glass w. a ceramic element).  This is
readily available at any of the chain stores for a few dollars.

Best,
Teddy
60 2000
Pgh PA