Re: U20 drivability help needed

To: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: U20 drivability help needed
From: dtn <noji@mail.ahc.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:09:09 -0500
Kyle,

>Basically, the car feels like it's running out of gas at 5000 rpm.  It will
>pull pull pull like there's no tomorrow, until it hits 5,000, then it's
>just like the carbs are blocked - no more flow, the exhaust tone changes,
>and the car slows down.

I have recently had the same problem with my car.  I put in a new fuel
filter and this has worked wonders.  Prior to the new fuel filter I had
also put in a new vacuum advance plate because the old one was notchy.
This did not effect the high rev loss of power.  I  have a 2000 with the
smog equip. removed and a recurved dist also.

Good luck,

Dana