problem changing front shocks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: problem changing front shocks
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:35:09 PDT
Hello everyone,

I have run into a slight problem while replacing my shocks.  The back one's
went on fine but the front one's are giving me some problems.  I first tried
to take the piece off that holds the shock in from the bottom but the bolts
were so corroded that I didn't want to attempt it.  So I pulled off the
whole bottom triangular looking piece that supports the spring also.  Well
everything is all ready to be put back together but I can't get the
triangular piece to line up with the four holes to get the bolts through.
It seems that the triangular piece is getting wedged in before it gets lined
up with the holes.  It could possibly be that the spring is causing it also.

Am I making any sense?

If so and you have any advice I would greatly apprieciate it.

Thanks,
Matt Peterson
68 1600
Zimmerman, MN