Original vs. custom

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Original vs. custom
From: Taylor McCarney <datsun69roadster2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:15:07 -0800 (PST)
May i start out by saying Happy New Year - now that i
did that i need some opionions. On new years i was
talken to some guy who did a complete frame
restoration a 1963 corvette.  He told me to keep
everything original or it would dramatical drop the
price he said by 40,000 dollars but that was a
corvette. He said even a minor change in the paint
would stop buyers from paying the "big money".  is
this true about datsuns to.  I was hoping to paint my
car a different color than Spanish Red but if what he
says applies should i not? I know in the end its up to
me what color to paint the car or flare or not to
flare.  But say in 15  years i sell my car how much do
you think that would drop the price?  thanks for the
imput taylor