Re: Fog Lights

To: "Gary McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Fog Lights
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:08:27 -0600
Gary McCormick wrote

>How about - "opinion  (noun) 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds
>insufficient to
>produce certainty."
>
>All I'm saying is that the reading I have done suggests that there is no
>physical or
>physiological justification for the use of yellow lights, in preference to
>white, for fog
>lamps. If there is research that proves the contrary case, I'd be
>interested in reading it
>and learning why that might be so.
>
>I'm only interested in the facts.
>
>Gary McCormick
>San Jose, CA
Perhaps not Physical or Physiological, but there may be valid
Psychological reasons for yellow fog lamps.  Psychological is important,
or we'd all be driving white Chevy Cavaliers.  Perhaps the warm yellow
light helps focus attention in what might be a whiteout situation.  No
scientist or engineer was involved in the design of the Kayak, it's
traditional, and a design that's hard to beat.  Maybe the yellow beam is
simply traditional.

There's more in Heaven and Earth, Engineer, than is dreamp't of in your
philosophy ;-)

Marc (My daddy was an engineer and I went to art school) Tyler

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX