Re: Fog Lights

To: Daniel Beatty <daniel_beatty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fog Lights
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:29:37 -0800
Bosch Automotive Handbook, 2nd Edition; pg. 587: "Most fog lamps produce white
light.
There is no physiologically justifiable advantages in yellow light."

At most, I'd say that the reduced intensity of the beam from a yellow lamp
results in
reduced glare compared to the same bulb if it weren't filtered through a yellow
lens, but
the effect is the result of a reduction in the amount of light going out, not
from the
color.