Newbie - wants wheel info.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie - wants wheel info.
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Hello everybody!

I'm a relatively new roadster owner, having purchased one in
September, and I have been looking around the net for information.
looking there), there seems to be a lot of people with lots of
experience, so if I have a question, I'm sure that the answer is out
there.

Anyhow, here's the first question...

My car is a stock 67.5 2000 Solex (not a bad place to start, eh?)
I am planning to start a restoration on it, but this summer, I want
to drive the snot out of it.  I have looked and looked through the
archives, and this question has been asked and asked, but the answer
still eludes me...

If I want to put aftermarket wheels (other than Panasport) on this
car, and keep the fenders stock, and not rub on the fenders or
suspension, and not have to modify the wheels (grinding), lugs
(replacing), or use spacers...

...And I want to use a 15" wheel with low(er) profile tires...

     What is the widest wheel I can put on (probably 15x6 or 15x6.5)?

     What is the offset for this wheel (the question of the year)?

     What is the widest tire I can use on this (suggested) rim?

I'm sure that someone has gone through all of this before, and
hopefully this is an easy question.  If not, anyone with a set of
Panasports want to go to the tire shop and get the offset measured?

Also, if someone has done this, it would be great if they would let
me know what they ended up putting on their car, and how they like it.

I'll stop blabbing on now.

Thanks.

Dave

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]