Re: Newbie - wants wheel info.

To: Doctor Evil <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie - wants wheel info.
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:24:49 -0800 (PST)
OK Doc, here is my limited experience.  I am using 280
Z wheels obtained from the Junkyard.  I mounted 195/60
14's which would work fine if my body was completely
centered over the rear wheels.  as it is I am about
1/2 inch off which gives me a slight rub when I bottom
out.  I am in the process of adjusting the body.  I
would go no wider (nor taller) than this combo.  I
wondered while looking, if the 15" wheels from a 240SX
(around 1990)would work, as they are 4 bolt pattern,
but I have no idea if they will.  May be worth
investigating and using a low profile 195 to come up
with the 24" circumf.  Lugs will be a challenge,
matching hole size with your 7/16 studs, but I solved
the problem for now by "centering" the wheels first
with the tapered lug nuts and then replacing with the
thru-hole lugs one by one, and really dogging them
down.  (a suggestion from the list, which seems to
work great,...so far.)  You are either going to drop
some big bucks for the Panasports, or do a lot of
experimenting, and trial/error....your choice, but I
do not think there is s "silver bullet"...

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC