Re: Newbie - wants wheel info.

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, doctor_evil@fastmail.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie - wants wheel info.
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:36:58 -0800
Hello,

As another 67.5 Solex owner, I am curious as to what number your car is? I
am going to be running Panas on mine as I get it restored. One thing nice
about Panas: they fit. On just about any other wheel I have seen there are
rubbing problems. Now that is not to say that Panas don't rub as I am sure
they do if not sized properly. Standard flares will limit you on your
choices. If you want big wheels, flare the fenders.

And please don't fall into the "I've got to keep my 67.5 totally stock if I
want the car to retain its value" trap. It's your car. Enjoy it. If you are
looking to make money with the car, hermetically seal it and then re-open it
in about 10-15 years. By then the parts will be gone (at the rate they are
going) and then you can sell it and hope the value has gone up. Otherwise,
do what you have to make the car what you want.

As the commentator said on the Barrett-Jackson auction I watched recently on
Speedvision: "There is no way you could build these cars for what they are
selling for here today". Enjoy the ride pal or garage it and sell it in ten
years. I am sure you will choose the former.

Andrew Murphy
SRL31-00489 Solex
SoCalROC