Three guys and a roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Three guys and a roadster
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 20:49:47 -0700
All,

One of the things that I enjoy most about Datsun Roadsters are the people. I
have never been disappointed whenever I have asked for help with my cars.
People who own these cars also love to help others.

Well, today that was born out once again. Roman Rist has provided me with a
place to store my roadster while it is being dismantled and always helps me
when I come over to work on the car. He offers advice, shows me some
polished stuff on his car to give me ideas and we talk about cars, life, and
other important and not important things.

Today Victor Laury came over and immediately got down to helping me take
some more parts off of the car. Victor showed me some incredible dexterity
when he got the posties off of my doors. We took off side trim and also
discovered an interesting PO "adjustment". He had painted the inside of my
front turn signal housings. Victor said they should be silver.

We talked of what to do about the frame (powder coating or POR-15), how the
rebuld process will go and how to save money. Victor also talked about
restoring his truck and I hope he knows he has help from me anytime he needs
it. I had a great time.

July 22nd is the day I have chosen for body off day. I am pretty excited
about it and I am already making plans as to where to get the media blasting
and body work done. Today I brought all of my chroming stuff home with me
with a lot of input from Victor and Roman. Gonna get that going too.

Since it's a good idea to have four guys to lift the body off, I am in need
of a fourth person to help on July 22nd. I am going to supply the beer and
Pizza, and a good time will be had I gurantee it. So if you want to trade
some stories, drink some beer, eat some pizza and help me pull the roadster
body off of the frame, you are welcome and I would appreciate it. You will
also get a chance to see the Victor Laury door brace in action. Victor and I
talked about this for a while and he seems to think it will work. I will let
Victor tell you about it. It very simple in design and I think it will be
very effective. Come out on the 22nd and find out!

Really looking forward to getting it going,

Andrew Murphy
64 1500
67 2000
SoCalROC