Re: Choices...

To: goldenmaia@onebox.com
Subject: Re: Choices...
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 07:32:36 -0000
Oh, it's just brake hydraulics.  Phew! I thought something serious was going
on. 8^)

Really, with that bad a leak, it shouldn't be a problem finding it (once the
light's good) and fixing it.  Could be something simple (like a hose
failure) or something bigger (like a caliper stuffed up).
Either way, parts shouldn't be a problem (if all else fails, E-type Jags
have the same front brakes).  Hydraulics are one of the bits of a car that,
IMO, make the most sense. (none of this "where did the spark go between here
and there?" nonsense)
You push the pedal, the pedal pushes the fluid, the fluid pushes the brake.
If the fluid's getting out somewhere, then you find the brakes feel spongy,
because some of your pressure is going out the leak!  Simple really.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Steve
'68 2000 Solex