Re: Tires

To: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:10:26 -0400
Rich,

Good one and oh so true.

Several years ago I drove a fellow Roadsterites recently restored 2L Solex
and it sure looked purty with everything all new. Well I was following him
when he was driving my car and we went through a shallow but high speed bend
in the road. I started cutting the wheel and the car didn't want to turn in
to the bend and I freaked out as I was getting ever closer to the edge of
the road and into a corn field. Finally it caught and started to turn.
Getting it to straighten out was the same problem!

I finally started honking his horn furiously to get him to slow down and
stop. I told him about the problem and he said "Yeah, I know, the steering
box needs to be replaced and the idler also."

I cursed him for not telling me and got back into MY car. We are still very
good friends but I will never drive a car of his again.

True story that happened at the Glen many years ago.

Mike