Re: FJ20 conversion? - I didn't mean to start anything

To: Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Re: FJ20 conversion? - I didn't mean to start anything
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:43:53 +0200
In the 1986 issue of the NISMO catalog there's a picture
of an FJ20 that looks to me like an F2 or F3 racing engine.
I dont have this catalog anymore. Cant keep all junk around.
It's a short stroke engine that can rev as high as you
want and even the stock 145 hp makes a nice mechanical
noise. It's no sewing machine sound. The bottom end is
really strong too. All of this makes it a heavy engine
compared to the SR20 and there's the issue of buying
parts for it. You will need a source in Japan. Also, the
FJ20 was the Skyline engine up to 1988.

Whatever engine you pick for the swap there will always
be somebody else faster than your car. Go for whatever
makes sense and looks good.

The FJ20 has been installed in Roadsters before but
nobody will do the engine swap I'm doing.

Thomas