Re: 2000 Roadster in Practical Classics Mag

To: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: 2000 Roadster in Practical Classics Mag
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:31:35 -0000
Interesting choice of cars to compare, though.
What are prices like in the UK - are those cars similarly priced?
They're certainly not over hear in Australia.
The cars that I would compare the Datsun to would be:

MGB (obviously)
Fiat 124 Spider
Triumph TR4
Sunbeam Alpine
Alfa Romeo Spider

All convertible 4 cylinder sportscars of a similar era.
And the Datsun, MGB, Fiat and Sunbeam are all similarly priced here.
The TR4 and Alfa are typically another $5000 or so more, all else being
equal.

The Datsun (to my mind, but hey, am I biased?) wins out on paper at least.
However, on looks (purely "in the eye" obviously) I'd rate the Sunbeam
Alpine as winner, closely followed by the Alfa and TR4.

So sue me.  One day I'll have to get the various marques together and do a
comparison article.  It'd be fun to try.

Cheers,

Steve
'68 2000 Solex (and who was it who mentioned cold, dead hands?)