RE: Back to the "OT" discussion

Subject: RE: Back to the "OT" discussion
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:52:21 -0400
I couldn't agree with Andrew more.  I have owned my car for almost 18 years
now and there isn't a nut or bolt on it that I haven't personally had a
wrench on.  I'm fairly technically astute.  What good is it to the less
technically knowledgeable owners if they aren't Invited to participate in
the secret list?  The idea here is to share info.  I post some of my replies
back to the list if I think they might help someone else.  If not, I reply
to the original poster only.  I agree there's a lot of superfluous stuff on
the list (I had 157 in my inbox on Friday, mostly from the list).  It's easy
to hit the delete key if you don't have time for them.
IF a new list is started I would not recommend the by invite only thing.  If
you own a roadster you need info.  A new list could be created for tech only
and if one desires, he/she could belong to both with the understanding of
posting only tech related items to the tech list.  That would be fine with
me.  I'd hate to miss out on either the laughs or the technical stuff I've
gotten out of this list.
Brain