Re: Tonneau Cover Question

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover Question
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:56:55 -0500
> I've been trying to fold the top so that the tonneau will fit over it for
> two years now and no matter how I fold it, it still sticks up at least two
> inches. Is there anywhere that gives specific instructions? Could I possibly
> have an aftermarket top? Both my top and my tonneau fit perfectly, without
> any slack, but it sure would be nice to be able to use both of them
> together.

It could be that as the top material ages, it loses flexibility and won't go
down far enough without forcing it, which I'd definitely suggest not doing.
The newer/maybe better replacement tops might be better about this. When we
had our roadster I realized very quickly that folding the top wasn't good
for it (yes, I know it's designed to be folded, but ...) so unless we had
rain forecasted we'd just take it off and leave it in the garage.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas
(817) 572-0873