Re: Starting rebuilt engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Starting rebuilt engine
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:30:35 -0700
Oh yeh! There will be a lot of resistance until the new rings set. If I
were you I'd use a strong battery charger or use jumper cables, to put more
oomph into the starter motor. Otherwise your engine might not get enough
speed to startup and your battery will die. Did you squirt a little oil
into the cylinders before installing the spark plugs? Because an oil primer
won't lube the pistons and rings; that comes from the slinging action of a
running engine.

Fred - So.SF